ROBARTS CENTRE VISITORSHIP IN CANADIAN STUDIES
Thanks to the generosity of President emerita Lorna Marsden, the Robarts Centre for Canadian Studies is delighted to announce a new visitorship programme. Researchers working on Canada but based outside the country may apply for a $2500 stipend to cover travel and accommodation costs while in residence at the Robarts Centre for Canadian Studies. At least one visitorship will be awarded for the period before 1 July 2015.
Visitors will have access to office space during their time in residence, and the Centre will arrange library privileges. The Archives of Ontario and the Clara Thomas Archives and Special Collections are both located on campus, and the Environment Canada library is nearby. Visitors will be expected to contribute to the academic life at the Centre by leading an invited workshop connected to their research expertise. Visitorships will be at least of one month’s duration. The Robarts Centre may assist in arranging on-campus accommodation, if requested.
Priority may be given to scholars working in the one of the current main research areas at the Centre: Cultural expression in the Arctic, Northern Studies, Black Canada, Environmental history and politics, Indigenous Studies, or Canadian culture. Other approaches will also be considered.
Researchers must supply the following as part of their application:
- A current CV
- A statement of the research project and how residency at the Robarts Centre will facilitate this project (no more than 500 words). Applicants should indicate their preference for timing. Normally, applicants planning to visit between September and June will receive preference.
- A letter of support from a current tenure-track faculty member at York University. This faculty member must be an Associate of the Robarts Centre.
It is anticipated that the scholar will hold a tenure-track position in a foreign institution and will demonstrate scholarly expertise on Canada and a commitment to Canadian Studies.
The first deadline for consideration for this award is 27 February 2015. Applications should be sent to the Robarts Centre at email@example.com.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Welcome the New NiCHE Executive and Editorial Board Members! - December 1, 2022
- Double Your Contribution! Matching Funds for the Next $1500 - November 22, 2022
- What Has NiCHE Done for You Lately? - November 14, 2022
- The Annual Great NiCHE November Fundraising Campaign! - November 1, 2022
- Call for 2023 NiCHE Editors and Executive Committee Members - October 19, 2022
- 2023 NiCHE Prize Call for Submissions - September 26, 2022
- Online Event – Water Knows No Boundaries – Releasing Toxic Tailings “Ponds” Won’t Either - September 22, 2022
- Reversing the Biodiversity Crisis: A Book Release Discussion of Wild by Design - September 9, 2022
- Assistant or Associate Professor of Environmental Humanities – Whitman College, Washington - September 2, 2022
- The Management of Natural Resources and the Environment in Canada: Historical and Transnational Perspectives - August 8, 2022