Department of History, Memorial University of Newfoundland, 2011-2012.
John Sandlos, Department of History, Memorial University of Newfoundland, is seeking two graduate students at the MA level to work on the project, “Abandoned Mines in Northern Canada: Historical Consequences and Mitigation of Current Impacts.”
- Two One Year Masters (MA) in History
In addition to completing required courses for the History MA, the successful candidates will develop a major paper project involving primary research on the history of mining in northern Canada, particularly the historical economic impact of mining in the region. Dr. Sandlos is seeking one student to work on mining in sub-Arctic Canada and another to work on Arctic Canada.
Comprehensive funding packages (minimum $12,000-$16,000/a plus research expenses are available), with opportunities to augment the amounts through scholarships or Graduate Assistantships.
Interested applicants should contact:
John Sandlos (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Although the funding packages are tied to the researchers, prospective students must follow the formal application process for graduate school at Memorial University of Newfoundland. For more information on the School of Graduate Studies go to https://www.mun.ca/sgs/.
Featured image: Long Pond at the University of Newfoundland. Photo by Ken Eckert on Wikimedia Commons.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- Call for Papers – Transitions, Transformations and Transdisciplinarity: Histories beyond History, WCEH4 2024 - January 23, 2023
- Top Five Posts of 2022 - January 4, 2023
- Open Call for Authors “Future Directions in Environmental History” - December 13, 2022
- Welcome the New NiCHE Executive and Editorial Board Members! - December 1, 2022
- Double Your Contribution! Matching Funds for the Next $1500 - November 22, 2022
- What Has NiCHE Done for You Lately? - November 14, 2022
- The Annual Great NiCHE November Fundraising Campaign! - November 1, 2022
- Call for 2023 NiCHE Editors and Executive Committee Members - October 19, 2022
- 2023 NiCHE Prize Call for Submissions - September 26, 2022
- Online Event – Water Knows No Boundaries – Releasing Toxic Tailings “Ponds” Won’t Either - September 22, 2022