Through the late spring and early summer of 2012, The Canadian Institute of Forestry (CIF/IFC) offered an interactive electronic lecture series on Canada’s Forest History. The theme was “Looking Back, Looking Forward: The Ongoing History of Canada’s Forests.” Lectures ran for approximately one hour on consecutive Wednesdays, and they featured both academics and forest practitioners from across Canada.
All of those talks, and the associated slides, are now archived on the NiCHE webpage. You can enjoy them at this link.
Latest posts by David Brownstein (see all)
- Archival Donation: Western Forest Products - July 26, 2016
- In Celebration of International Day of Forests: A Forest History Archival Donation Guide - March 21, 2015
- The Cloud Will Not Remember Everything Forever: Some Thoughts Prompted by Another Forest History Archival Donation - October 6, 2014
- History mysteries at the Association of BC Forest Professionals Meeting - August 11, 2014
- June is Forest History Month: Special issue of the Forestry Chronicle. - June 6, 2014
- Archival donation: the Dr Hubert William Ferdinand Bunce fonds. - May 26, 2014
- Adventures along the archival commodity chain: the Truck Loggers Convention. - May 2, 2014
- A rare event: forest history on the sports pages. - March 30, 2014
- Book Launch: A History of Forestry in Canada - March 10, 2014
- Announcing another archival donation: the Douglas Rickson fonds. - January 12, 2014