32 Books Company in North Vancouver will host a signing for Richard Mackie’s new bookMountain Timber: The Comox Logging Company in the Vancouver Island Mountains (Sono Nis Press), this Saturday, 24 October, 2009, from 1-4 p.m.
It is a big coffee-table sized book with 320 pages, 340 photos, and 19 maps and diagrams.
If you can’t attend, but would like Richard to sign a copy of Mountain Timber for you, please phone Deb McVittie or her staff at 32 Books at (604) 980-9032, or e-mail
them at firstname.lastname@example.org
The address is 3185 Edgemont Boulevard, Edgemont Village, North Vancouver.
For a map to the bookstore, please see this link:
And here is a link to the book at the Sono Nis Press website:
Richard Mackie will also be at the following locations promoting his new book, Mountain Timber:
Ladysmith, October 29, Thursday, 7 p.m. Salamander Books. Signing.
Contact Frieda Douglas, 245-4726.
Parksville, November 5, Thursday, 7-9 p.m.. Mulberry Bush Books.
Evening talk and signing. Contact Tom and Barbara Pope, 248-1193.
Comox, November 6, Friday, 7-8:30 p.m. Launch, talk, and signing at the
Comox Golf Clubhouse, part of the Filberg Days. Contact Barbara
Haffner 339-2715 or
November 7, Saturday, 11-12 a.m. Talk and signing at Filberg Heritage
Lodge, part of the Filberg Days. Contact Barbara Haffner 339-2715 or
Victoria, November 15, Sunday. Bolen Books. Signing, 1 p.m. Rob or
Port Alberni, November 18, Wednesday, 7-9 p.m., Curious Coho.
Signing. Contact Eric Brown, 724-1455.
November 19, Thursday, 5-9 p.m. (dinner and presentation), Vancouver
Island Section, Canadian Institute of Forestry, Vancouver Island
University. Contact Michel Vallee. Michel.Vallee@viu.ca
Nanaimo, November 21, Saturday, 1-3 p.m. Lecture and signing.
Contact Bobbi Williamson, 753-1821.
Campbell River, November 28, Saturday, 1-3 p.m. Campbell River Museum. Lecture and signing. Contact Ken Blackburn, 287-3133. email@example.com
Sooke, December 2, Wednesday, 7 p.m. Reading Room Books. Reading and
signing. Contact Kathy Drover, 642-3964. firstname.lastname@example.org
Powell River, December 3, Thursday, 7 p.m. Breakwater Books. Signing
Comox, December 5, Saturday, 1-3 p.m. Blue Heron Books. Signing.
Contact Martina Polson, 339-6111. email@example.com
Campbell River, December 12, Saturday, 12 – 2p.m. Coho Books,
Signing. Contact Pirkko Anderson (and daughter Erika), 287-2336
February 12, Thursday, 7 p.m. Cumberland Museum. Lecture and signing.
Contact Wendy Fried 336-2445, firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by David Brownstein (see all)
- Archival Donation: Western Forest Products - July 26, 2016
- In Celebration of International Day of Forests: A Forest History Archival Donation Guide - March 21, 2015
- The Cloud Will Not Remember Everything Forever: Some Thoughts Prompted by Another Forest History Archival Donation - October 6, 2014
- History mysteries at the Association of BC Forest Professionals Meeting - August 11, 2014
- June is Forest History Month: Special issue of the Forestry Chronicle. - June 6, 2014
- Archival donation: the Dr Hubert William Ferdinand Bunce fonds. - May 26, 2014
- Adventures along the archival commodity chain: the Truck Loggers Convention. - May 2, 2014
- A rare event: forest history on the sports pages. - March 30, 2014
- Book Launch: A History of Forestry in Canada - March 10, 2014
- Announcing another archival donation: the Douglas Rickson fonds. - January 12, 2014