In addition to our “The Suburbs Around You” photo contest, we also held a second contest for CHESS 2014 participants. We were looking for the best pictures from CHESS 2014. All the photos are available on the NiCHE Flickr page here. And you can view all of the images and captions in the slideshow above.
The winner of this contest is:
Sara Spike captured this shot of a birdhouse during our walking tour of York and Black Creek in the northwest part of Toronto. The Black Creek Conservation Project installed this and other birdhouses along the creek.
I want to thank all of the contributors to this photo contest:
Latest posts by Sean Kheraj (see all)
- Nature’s Past Episode 71: Water and Anishinaabe Territory - April 12, 2021
- James Scott: How to Write Like a River - February 28, 2021
- The First Post-War Oil Pipeline Hearings in Canada - February 9, 2021
- 2021 Melville-Nelles-Hoffmann Lecture in Environmental History: Brittany Luby and Chief Lorraine Cobiness - February 8, 2021
- Top 5 Posts of 2020 - January 5, 2021
- Nature’s Past Episode 70: Environmentalism and the Company of Young Canadians - September 2, 2020
- Interview Animalia: An Anti-Imperial Bestiary for Our Times - August 12, 2020
- Nature’s Past Episode 69: Environmental Racism and Canadian History - July 29, 2020
- Whose Nature? Race and Canadian Environmental History - July 7, 2020
- Nature’s Past Episode 68: Home and Environment - May 11, 2020