In addition to our “The Suburbs Around You” photo contest, we also held a second contest for CHESS 2014 participants. We were looking for the best pictures from CHESS 2014. All the photos are available on the NiCHE Flickr page here. And you can view all of the images and captions in the slideshow above.
The winner of this contest is:
Sara Spike captured this shot of a birdhouse during our walking tour of York and Black Creek in the northwest part of Toronto. The Black Creek Conservation Project installed this and other birdhouses along the creek.
I want to thank all of the contributors to this photo contest:
Latest posts by Sean Kheraj (see all)
- Thank You, Friends of NiCHE! - December 2, 2022
- Nature’s Past Episode 76: Methodological Challenges in Animal History - November 30, 2022
- Nature’s Past Episode 75: Uranium Mining at Elliot Lake - June 30, 2022
- How the Interprovincial and Trans Mountain Pipelines Were Approved - April 8, 2022
- Nature’s Past Episode 74: Colonial Legacies of Wood Buffalo National Park - March 28, 2022
- Reindeer at the End of the World: Apocalypse, Climate, and Soviet Dreams - January 25, 2022
- Top 5 Posts of 2021 - January 6, 2022
- 2022 Melville-Nelles-Hoffmann Lecture in Environmental History: Bathsheba Demuth - January 3, 2022
- Thank You - December 20, 2021
- Nature’s Past Episode 73: New Books in Canadian Environmental History - November 15, 2021