I am happy to report that 11 new scholars are receiving NiCHE Travel Grants to participate in the World Congress of Environmental History being held in Portugal in July 2014. They are
Dale Barbour (PhD History, U Toronto), Daniel Bednar (PhD Geography, & Environment & Sustainability, Western U), Dr. Ben Bradley (SSHRC Postdoc, History, U Toronto), Melissa Charenko (PhD History of Science, Medicine, & Technology, U Wisconsin-Madison), Dr. Dagomar Degroot (History, York U), Sinead Earley (PhD Geography, Queen’s U), Dr. Merle Massie (SSHRC Postdoc, Geography, U Ottawa), Chris Miller (PhD History, Concordia U), Dr. Mary-Ann Shantz (independent scholar, Edmonton), Dr. John Thistle (Research Associate, Labrador Institute of Memorial U), and David Zylberberg (PhD History, York U).
Parabéns a todos!
PS: The early registration deadline for the conference is 26 January. For students, it’s 15 March.
Latest posts by Alan MacEachern (see all)
- Storms of a Century: Fiona (2022) & Five (1923) - November 10, 2022
- Climate at the Speed of Weather - October 5, 2021
- Restricted Clientele! Everyday Racism in Canadian National Parks - September 9, 2020
- Material World: Exhibiting the Anthropocene - May 4, 2020
- CHESS 2020 ~ keep the dates! - October 4, 2019
- Well-Grounded - July 10, 2019
- ICEHO Bulletin 19 - March 28, 2019
- Review of Mannell, Living Lightly on the Earth - February 6, 2019
- Canopy: An Interview with Alan MacEachern - January 15, 2019
- The Year in Apocalypses - December 31, 2018