Deadline: Feb 1 2012
Event Date: May 28 2012 – Jun 1 2012
Event Website: Event Webpage
Primary Contact Name: Alan MacEachern
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Australia National University’s 6th biennialEnvironmental History PhD Workshop is being held 28 May – 1 June 2012 in Canberra, Australia. As part of NiCHE’s commitment to graduate student training and international collaboration, we are offering a $1500 travel grant for a Canadian PhD student to attend. The student should be at the writing stage of a dissertation in environmental history, historical geography, or a related field; preference will be given to a student working on a topic that has a clear Australia, New Zealand, or British Commonwealth/Empire dimension. The student will be expected to write a short report for NiCHE on the workshop’s activities and format, and on how we might institute such a PhD workshop in Canada.
If interested, please provide the following:
- a brief curriculum vitae
- a max. 2-page statement describing the subject of your doctoral research and how your work would benefit from attending the workshop,
- documented support for your attendance from your supervisor ( a signature or email will do!),
- and, if applicable, a commitment of any matching support from your supervisor or department to attend.
Submit your application as an attachment to email@example.com by 1 February 2012. Only applicants registered in the NiCHE Member Directory will be considered. Notification will be made by 21 February. If no applicant is deemed suitable by NiCHE and the workshop organizers, no travel grant will be awarded.
Latest posts by Jim Clifford (see all)
- Thinking with History About the Future with Immersive Technology - June 9, 2021
- Canadian Timber Exports to the UK were more than “an episode” - October 1, 2018
- Canada Docks and Quebec Pond - July 25, 2018
- Call for Participants and Proposals: Canadian History and Environment Summer Symposium - December 12, 2017
- Film Review: Guardians of Eternity - January 25, 2017
- “Two chemical works behind him, and a soap factory in front”: Living and Working in London’s Industrial Marshlands - November 25, 2015
- Tracking Cinchona with Digital Methods - June 15, 2015
- Announcing Quelques arpents de neige Environmental History Workshop XXV - October 4, 2014
- Canadians Heading to Guimarães - June 30, 2014
- GIS and Time - December 17, 2012