In commemoration of the BC Forest Service’s 100 year history of managing British Columbia’s forests and rangelands, the Centenary Society has created a retrospective website. Browse and learn about the people, the stories, the places and the technologies which have come to define the proud past of the BC Forest Service.
Much content and details on how you can join the society are to be found at: http://www.bcfs100.ca.
Featured image: Second growth forest along a dirt forest service road, Haida Gwaii, 2019. Photo by William Matheson on Wikimedia Commons.
Latest posts by David Brownstein (see all)
- What is the History of Logging Protests in British Columbia? Part Two - January 14, 2022
- What is the History of Logging Protests in British Columbia? - December 22, 2021
- Archival Donation: Western Forest Products - July 26, 2016
- In Celebration of International Day of Forests: A Forest History Archival Donation Guide - March 21, 2015
- The Cloud Will Not Remember Everything Forever: Some Thoughts Prompted by Another Forest History Archival Donation - October 6, 2014
- History mysteries at the Association of BC Forest Professionals Meeting - August 11, 2014
- June is Forest History Month: Special issue of the Forestry Chronicle. - June 6, 2014
- Archival donation: the Dr Hubert William Ferdinand Bunce fonds. - May 26, 2014
- Adventures along the archival commodity chain: the Truck Loggers Convention. - May 2, 2014
- A rare event: forest history on the sports pages. - March 30, 2014