NiCHE is pleased to announce the “Envisioning Canadian Energy Landscapes” image contest, and invites submissions from NiCHE members for “best historical image” and “best contemporary image” of a Canadian energy landscape.
We envision a range of potential submission possibilities in each category, including photographs, artwork, posters, and maps (pretty much any kind of ‘landscape’ that you think captures an important aspect of Canada’s historic or current relationship with energy).
The submissions should be submitted as jpegs and should include a brief description (200 words max) of the image in question including its origin, when it was produced (or roughly when if the date is not given), and if possible for what purpose. Also, please indicate whether you are submitting for the historical or contemporary category, and please submit just one entry (i.e. please do not submit more than one image or submit images in both categories). Contestants are also responsible for ensuring that they have copyright permission for the use of their images in this contest.
Send your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The winner in each category will receive a copy of Richard Unger and John Thistle’s Energy Consumption in Canada in the 19th and 20th Centuries (Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, 2013), and the top 3 images in each category will be featured on the NiCHE website.
Submissions will be accepted until March 30, 2016.
Latest posts by NiCHE Administrators (see all)
- The NiCHE Wikipedia Page Needs an Update! - November 20, 2020
- Subscribe to the New Monthly NiCHE Newsletter! - November 12, 2020
- 2021 NiCHE Prize Announcement - September 16, 2020
- CFP: Discard Studies Twitter Conference - September 10, 2020
- CFP – Environments of Exile: Refugees, Nature, and Representations - September 4, 2020
- CFP: Fighting Scarcity and Creating Abundance - July 30, 2020
- Ten Books to Contextualize Environmental Racism - July 8, 2020
- Call for Contributors: Research and Writing in the Time of COVID-19 - June 12, 2020
- Déclaration du comité exécutif du NiCHE sur la violence policière et le racisme / Statement on Police Violence and Anti-Black Racism - June 10, 2020
- #AltASEH2020 Call for Participants - March 30, 2020