The fall 2012 issue, of the Journal of the Forest History Society of Ontario, has just been posted online.
This issue contains many interesting articles including “George Johnson: Pioneer Native Canadian Forest Conservationist” [and I will add, father of Pauline Johnson]; The Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan; Pre-Settlement Vegetation of the Credit River Watershed; book reviews, conference reports, and much, much more.
You can find it online at: http://www.ontarioforesthistory.ca/files/fhso_newsl_vol_3_iss_2_2012.pdf
Latest posts by David Brownstein (see all)
- What is the History of Logging Protests in British Columbia? Part Two - January 14, 2022
- What is the History of Logging Protests in British Columbia? - December 22, 2021
- Archival Donation: Western Forest Products - July 26, 2016
- In Celebration of International Day of Forests: A Forest History Archival Donation Guide - March 21, 2015
- The Cloud Will Not Remember Everything Forever: Some Thoughts Prompted by Another Forest History Archival Donation - October 6, 2014
- History mysteries at the Association of BC Forest Professionals Meeting - August 11, 2014
- June is Forest History Month: Special issue of the Forestry Chronicle. - June 6, 2014
- Archival donation: the Dr Hubert William Ferdinand Bunce fonds. - May 26, 2014
- Adventures along the archival commodity chain: the Truck Loggers Convention. - May 2, 2014
- A rare event: forest history on the sports pages. - March 30, 2014