On the August 3-6th 2012 long weekend the Ex-Forest Service Vessel Squadron and the BCFS100 Centenary Society will host a Rendezvous of wooden BC Forest Service vessels in Victoria’s inner harbour.
The Ships Point Wharf will have Then and Now displays of BC Forest Service artifacts and equipment, an opportunity to take pictures with Smokey the Bear and our 1931 Model A Ford pickup, and much, much more! Come celebrate our Century of Service to the people of BC and tour the vessels that supported the BCFS ‘water’ districts’ along BC’s coast.
If any staff or retirees would like to volunteer to support the event and interact with the public during this centenary celebration please contact Nicole Gagnon at 250-356-0085 or Nicole.Gagnon@gov.bc.ca.
Vessels attending the rendezvous: Syrene 1, Kwaietek, Tamarack, Coast Ranger, Dean Ranger, Alpine Fir II, Western Yew, Forest Ranger II, Maple II, Oak II, White Birch, Sitka Spruce II, Cherry II
Latest posts by David Brownstein (see all)
- What is the History of Logging Protests in British Columbia? Part Two - January 14, 2022
- What is the History of Logging Protests in British Columbia? - December 22, 2021
- Archival Donation: Western Forest Products - July 26, 2016
- In Celebration of International Day of Forests: A Forest History Archival Donation Guide - March 21, 2015
- The Cloud Will Not Remember Everything Forever: Some Thoughts Prompted by Another Forest History Archival Donation - October 6, 2014
- History mysteries at the Association of BC Forest Professionals Meeting - August 11, 2014
- June is Forest History Month: Special issue of the Forestry Chronicle. - June 6, 2014
- Archival donation: the Dr Hubert William Ferdinand Bunce fonds. - May 26, 2014
- Adventures along the archival commodity chain: the Truck Loggers Convention. - May 2, 2014
- A rare event: forest history on the sports pages. - March 30, 2014
Silver Fir was also in attendance