We are excited to announce the second year of our partnership with the Saskatchewan History and Folklore Society and Folklore magazine, a quarterly print magazine edited by Mike Chartier. We invite ongoing submissions for our Saskatchewan Environmental History series: “Coulees to Muskeg.” Accepted submissions will be published twice: first on our website and then in an upcoming issue of Folklore magazine.
Final submissions should be between 500 and 2,000 words in length. We will consider any environmental history topic that relates to Saskatchewan, including transregional and comparative topics. We especially invite contributions that explore the intersection of Saskatchewan environmental history and:
- Urbanity or Rurality
Please send proposals and/or drafts to Jessica DeWitt, email@example.com. Submissions will be accepted and published on a rolling basis through August 2021.
*Submissions should be between 500 and 2,000 words and include images if possible. Please use Chicago Style endnote citations. Please submit a headshot and bio for use in Folklore magazine. Folklore authors are paid $1.50 per column inch for published submissions, plus a complimentary copy.
Feature Photograph: Soderberg’s mill yard [stacks of logs]. Birch Lake Siding. 03/20/1941. Everett Baker Slides. Saskatchewan History and Folklore Society.
Latest posts by Jessica DeWitt (see all)
- Online Event – Meet the Editors of the New Journal Animal History - November 9, 2023
- Online Event – Teaching American Environmental History: Digital Sources in the Classroom - November 8, 2023
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: October 2023 - November 2, 2023
- Call for Submissions – From Coulees to Muskeg: A Saskatchewan Environmental History Series - October 26, 2023
- NiCHE Conversations Roundup #14 - October 13, 2023
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: September 2023 - October 6, 2023
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: August 2023 - September 5, 2023
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: July 2023 - August 22, 2023
- NiCHE Conversations Roundup #13 - July 31, 2023
- #EnvHist Worth Reading: June 2023 - July 5, 2023