As part of the “Time and a Place” conference, participants will take field trips to several sites of historical and environmental significance in PEI.
On Sunday the conference begins with a special exhibit at the Confederation Centre of the Arts. On Monday we travel west to experience environmental history on Lennox Island First Nation, and a brief visit to the Summerside wind farm. The group will explore Acadian forests on Tuesday and the dunes, aquaculture and archeological sites of the Prince Edward Island National Park on Wednesday. On Thursday the group will travel east to experience organic farming, forest restoration, and public history at Orwell Corner Historic Village. The field trips will be plenary events for all registered participants, but at most locations we will have “short-track” options for those who prefer less walking. Bug-repellant will be provided, but please bring clothing suitable for several outdoor excursions.
For more information, please see the conference schedule and the following links:
Points of Interest
- University of Prince Edward Island
- Confederation Centre Art Gallery
- Lennox Island
- Minigoo Fisheries – Mi’kmaq Confederacy of PEI
- Eptek Center
- Greenwich National Park
- Orwell Corner Historic Village
- The Macphail Homestead
Associated conferences on PEI and Environment
- Coastal Zone Canada 2010 Conference and Youth Forum
- L. M. Montgomery Conference: “L.M. Montgomery and the Matter of Nature."
(This list is automatically generated)
- Time and a Place Presentations Archived
- Time and a Place: Environmental Histories, Environmental Futures, and Prince Edward Island
- A Week on the Gentle Island
- A reflection on Time & a Place
- A reflection on Time and a Place
- Time and a Place (TnP), after
- Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire
- Two-Eyed Seeing
- And we're off.
- Time and a Place - Local Information