NiCHE is proud to present the audio recordings of 15 public lectures and round tables given at the recent "Time and a Place" workshop held in Charlottetown, PEI. Scholars from around the world met on PEI to learn about what a small island could teach us about its environmental past. Distinguished speakers discussed topics ranging form PEI's forests to animals, domestication and environment.
You can listen to all 15 in our audio archive: http://niche-canada.org/pei2010/presentations
Or, you can watch videos of the presentations which are hosted on the UPEI website:
- Dunaway, Finis. "Seeing Connections: Environmental History and Visual Culture." Time and a Place. 13 June 2010.
- Wynn, Graeme. "Time, Place and Trees: Forest Scenes and Incidents in Eastern North America." Time and a Place. 15 June 2010.
- Pauly, Daniel. "Crisis and Opportunity: The history and Future of Global Fisheries." Time and a Place. 16 June 2010.
- Ritvo, Harriet. "Silent Partners: Animals, Domestication, and Environment." Time and a Place. 17 June 2010.
- Hatvany, Matthew, Joshua MacFadyen, William Glen, Mathieu Landry. "Roundtable: Modeling Conflicting Values in the Past, Present, and Future." Time and a Place. 18 June 2010.
- MacDonald, Ed, Jean-Paul Arsenault, David Barrett, John MacQuarrie, George McRobie. "Roundtable: Learning from Environmental History." Time and a Place. 18 June 2010.
- Hatvany, "Maps, History, and Environmental Histories in PEI Marshfield." Time and a Place.
- Beck, Boyde. "Go Fish: The Historical Fisheries of PEI." Time and a Place. 16 June 2010.
- Schreier, Hans. "Land Use Change and its Impact on Water, Using GIS and Scenario Modeling." Time and a Place. 18 June 2010.
- Sobey, Douglas. "The Forests of PEI: an Historical Study." Time and a Place.
- Marshall, Albert et al. "Ta'ntelo'lti'k Mi’kmaq Knowledge + Two-Eyed Seeing." Time and a Place. 14 June 2010.
- MacFadyen, Josh. "Cultural Values Mapping." Time and a Place. 18 June 2010.
- Karlsdóttir, Anna. "Icelandic Fisheries." Time and a Place. 16 July 2010.
- Oliviera, Ana Maria. "Williche history and the environment of Chiloe Island, Chile." Time and a Place. 14 June 2010.
- Hepburn, Eve. "Sovereignty, Secession and Autonomist Movements in the 21st Century: A European Perspective." Time and a Place. June 2010.
(This list is automatically generated)
- Time and a Place: Environmental Histories, Environmental Futures, and Prince Edward Island
- A Week on the Gentle Island
- A reflection on Time & a Place
- A reflection on Time and a Place
- Time and a Place (TnP), after
- Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire
- Two-Eyed Seeing
- And we're off.
- Time and a Place - Local Information
- Time and a Place - Field Trips