The ASEH Graduate Student Caucus presents
THE SECOND ANNUAL TWITTER CONFERENCE
Call for Participants
Proposal Deadline: March 20, 2019 (11:59pm EDT)
Twitter Conference Dates: April 4th and 5th, 2019
Co-Sponsored by the ASEH Graduate Student Caucus and the NiCHE New Scholars Committee
Members of the ASEH Graduate Caucus and the broader environmental history community are invited to participate in an accompanying Twitter Conference to happen one week before the 2019 ASEH Annual Conference in Columbus, Ohio (April 10–14, 2019).
This Twitter Conference will provide:
- Increased visibility and publicity for environmental history, ASEH 2019, and its presenters.
- Increased interaction with the public and other scholars.
- A chance for individuals unable to attend ASEH 2019 to participate in the conference.
Two Types of Presentations will be considered:
- ASEH Presenters are invited to condense their ASEH 2019 papers and posters into a 10 to 12 Tweet thread.
- Individuals unable to attend ASEH are welcome to pitch original research to be presented in a 10 to 12 Tweet thread.
* Thirty minutes per presenter (~15 minutes for presentation tweets/~15 minutes for questions and comments)
* Maximum 24 presenters will be accepted.
All Twitter presentations/threads will be made into Twitter moments, which will be retweeted during the ASEH meeting the following week, April 10-14th.
This Twitter conference will follow the format used in last year’s conference. For presentation guidelines, please reference this Presenter’s Guide, prepared for last year’s conference by Jessica DeWitt. For last year’s presentations please visit the @ASEHGradCaucus Twitter page.
Use this Google Form to submit a one-page CV and 200-word abstract. If you are presenting at the ASEH 2019 Conference in Columbus, Ohio, please provide the name and time of your presentation/poster and panel.
Questions can be directed to the ASEH Grad Caucus Media Officer Charlotte Leib (firstname.lastname@example.org), @charswim on Twitter.