The Department of History & Classics at the University of Alberta, is offering a funding package of $20,000/year renewable for up to three additional years for the PhD program starting in 2015. This funding would be for a doctoral student interested in studying the history of food hazards and contamination in northern Canada. The position offers opportunities to work as part of an interdisciplinary team based at institutions across Canada and additional funding for research and conference travel. The successful candidate will be able to augment this funding package through scholarships and Research Assistantships.
Interested applicants should contact: Liza Piper (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please indicate how your research interests and experience are suited to this funding opportunity.
The University of Alberta is one of Canada’s top comprehensive research institutions. The Department of History & Classics has a vibrant graduate program with over 60 PhD and MA students. The University of Alberta Libraries include the extensive Canadian Circumpolar Collection, an essential resource for northern studies. The university is located in Edmonton, a city with longstanding connections to northern history, peoples, and places.
Although the funding package is tied to the researcher, prospective students must follow the formal application process for doctoral study at the University of Alberta. For more information please visit: http://www.historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/GraduatePrograms.aspx.
The application deadline is 26 January 2015.
Latest posts by Liza Piper (see all)
- Graduate Study Opportunity – University of Alberta – Northern Environmental History - November 25, 2015
- Vaccines and the Environmental History of Medicine - March 18, 2015
- Doctoral Study Opportunity – Northern Exposures at the University of Alberta - January 15, 2015
- Carnivorous Walrus as Country Food - May 6, 2013
- New Tools for Climate History from the Early Canada Environmental Data Project - November 30, 2012
- Of Mycobacterium and Men - March 11, 2012
- Environmental health in the North: The example of nutrition - October 12, 2011
- ‘Settlement’- An Environmental History Perspective - June 10, 2008