Deadline: Sep 3 2012
Event Website: Event Webpage
Primary Contact Name: Alan MacEachern
Contact Email: email@example.com
As Canadian historical researchers travel around the country this summer, we thought it would be fun to encourage you to think about Canada’s visual history.
Just four easy steps:
- Find a photo from your historical research or from history more broadly.
- Go to where the photo was taken.
- Either a) take a photo of the photo there (à la DearPhotograph.com) or b) incorporate the photo intoHistoryPin.com (see Josh MacFadyen’s cool photo of rural PEI or the Saskatchewan Multitype Digitization Initiative as examples.)
- Either a) send a photo of the photo or b) point out the URL to firstname.lastname@example.org . Write a caption to go along with it.
We’ll post some of the best photos & descriptions as the summer goes along & give out book prizes for the very best on 3 September.
No, the photos don’t have to be about environmental history!
Or from Canada!
Void where prohibited!
Latest posts by Alan MacEachern (see all)
- Morley K. Thomas, 1918-2018 - April 27, 2018
- When History Stops at the Border - April 11, 2018
- World Congress of Environmental History 2019: Call for Papers - March 10, 2018
- Historical GIS survey - February 26, 2018
- Groundhog Rising - February 1, 2018
- Canada’s Anthropocene: A Roundtable - January 24, 2018
- The Alanthropocene - January 15, 2018
- Holiday Reading - December 8, 2017
- ICEHO Bulletin 13 - July 17, 2017
- 希望: A Postcard from China - July 17, 2017