Event Date: Sep 17 2009 – Sep 19 2009
Event Website: Event Webpage
City: Halifax, NS
This two-day event featured Graeme Wynn of UBC, giving the MacKay Lecture on “Sustainability and Resilience in Atlantic Canada: A Long View” to a packed house. The next day we mixed business with pleasure in a perfect combination: we spent the morning planning regional projects, including conferences, teaching collaboration, and publications; and the afternoon we went on a wonderful tour of historic Point Pleasant Park in Halifax’s south end.
More detailed summary to follow!
Latest posts by Claire Campbell (see all)
- “Rising with the Tide of History”: The Age of Sail as Industrial Alibi - May 22, 2019
- Reminder: Northeast & Atlantic Region Environmental History (NEAR-EH) 2019 - March 15, 2019
- Get Outside: Field Trips & Teaching Environmental History - February 26, 2019
- Northeast & Atlantic Region Environmental History (NEAR-EH) 2019: Call for Proposals - February 18, 2019
- Summer Postcards, 2018: The Gallery - September 17, 2018
- The Annual Back-to-School Call-for-Syllabi - September 6, 2018
- Review of Little, Fashioning the Canadian Landscape - August 29, 2018
- Summer Postcards, 2018 - August 13, 2018
- Northeast & Atlantic Region Environmental History (NEAR-EH) 2018: Ottawa - June 13, 2018
- Taking the Longer View: Environmental History as Early Modern History - June 1, 2018